Posting Date: April 28, 2015
Department for the Study of Religion
Faculty of Arts and Science
University of Toronto
JOB POSTING – SESSIONAL LECTURER
Course Number and Title:
RLG235H1F Religion and Gender
Course description: Examination of gender as a category in the understanding of religious roles, symbols, rituals, deities, and social relations. Survey of varieties of concepts of gender in recent feminist thought, and application of these concepts to religious life and experience. Examples will be drawn from a variety of religious traditions and groups, contemporary and historical.
Estimated course enrolment: 90
Estimated TA support: based on enrollment
Schedule: Monday 11:00-1:00 pm
Sessional Appointment dates: September 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015
Salary: $7,232.23 per FCE for Sessional Lecturer I, $7,369.26 for Sessional Lecturer I Long Term, $7,689.00 for Sessional Lecturer II, $8,044.27 for Sessional Lecturer III
Please note that should rates stipulated in the collective agreement vary from rates stated in this posting, the rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- Ph.D. in Religion/Religious Studies or related discipline, or Ph.D. advanced candidacy, with significant graduate work and ongoing professional/academic development in the area preferred;
- Evidence of superior teaching ability, in the form of prior teaching evaluations and, in the case of instructors who have not yet taught, TA evaluations required;
- Teaching and/or TA experience an equivalent course preferred.
Duties: Include presenting three hours of lectures a week; conducting tutorials; grading papers and exams; and other pedagogical and administrative tasks associated with an undergraduate course.
Closing date: May 20, 2015
Applicants should submit
(1) a current curriculum vitae,
(2) evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarized course evaluations, letters of reference, etc.) and
(3) A CUPE 3902 Unit 3 application form, available in PDF or RTF format at http://www.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/resources/forms.htm#recruitment
Application should be addressed to Professor Frances Garrett Department for the Study of Religion Room 310, 170 St. George Street. M5R 2M8. Please send a copy of your applications as a single pdf file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read 2015-2016 Unit 3 Positions
Please note: Undergraduate or graduate students and postdoctoral fellows of the University of Toronto are covered by the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 collective agreement rather than the Unit 3 collective agreement, and should not apply for positions posted under the Unit 3 collective agreement.
Preference in hiring is given to qualified individuals advanced to the rank of Sessional Lecturer II or Sessional Lecturer III in accordance with Article 14;12.
This job is posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902 Unit 3 Collective Agreement.