Posting Date: June 10, 2015
Department for the Study of Religion
Faculty of Arts and Science
University of Toronto
JOB POSTING – SESSIONAL LECTURER
Course Number and Title:
RLG323H1F Jesus of Nazareth
Course description: An examination of the historical Jesus based on a critical study of the earliest accounts of Jesus, with intensive study of the Gospels to determine what can be said about Jesus activities and teachings.
Estimated course enrolment: 50
Estimated TA support: Based on enrollment
Schedule: Thursday 6:00-8:00 pm
Sessional Appointment dates: September 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015
Salary: $7,232.23 per FCE for Sessional Lecturer I, $7,369.26 for Sessional Lecturer I Long Term, $7,689.00 for Sessional Lecturer II, $8,044.27 for Sessional Lecturer III
Please note that should rates stipulated in the collective agreement vary from rates stated in this posting, the rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- Ph.D. in Religion/Religious Studies or related discipline, or Ph.D. advanced candidacy, with significant graduate work and ongoing professional/academic development in the area preferred;
- Evidence of superior teaching ability, in the form of prior teaching evaluations and, in the case of instructors who have not yet taught, TA evaluations required;
- Knowledge of Koine Greek and preferably Hebrew or Aramaic;
- Teaching and/or TA experience an equivalent course preferred.
Duties: Include presenting three hours of lectures a week; conducting tutorials; grading papers and exams; and other pedagogical and administrative tasks associated with an undergraduate course.
Closing date: June 29, 2015
Applicants should submit
(1) A current curriculum vitae,
(2) Evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarized course evaluations, letters of reference, etc.) and
(3) A CUPE 3902 Unit 3 application form, available in PDF or RTF format at http://www.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/resources/forms.htm#recruitment
Application should be addressed to Professor Frances Garrett Department for the Study of Religion Room 310, 170 St. George Street. M5R 2M8. Please send a copy of your applications as a single pdf file by email to email@example.com. The subject line should read 2015-2016 Unit 3 – RLG323H1 Jesus of Nazareth.
Please note: Undergraduate or graduate students and postdoctoral fellows of the University of Toronto are covered by the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 collective agreement rather than the Unit 3 collective agreement, and should not apply for positions posted under the Unit 3 collective agreement.
Preference in hiring is given to qualified individuals advanced to the rank of Sessional Lecturer II or Sessional Lecturer III in accordance with Article 14:12.
This job is posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902 Unit 3 Collective Agreement.