Department for the Study of Religion
Faculty of Arts and Science
University of Toronto
Job Posting: Sessional Lecturer RLG404H1S
Posting Date: December 19, 2017
Closing Date: January 3, 2017
Course Number and Title: RLG404H1S Capstone Research
Course description: An integrative capstone seminar that emphasizes iterative development of a research project, locating a research specialization within its broader disciplinary audience, and communicating the process and results of a research project to non-specialists within the study of religion. Open to Religion Specialists and Majors only.
Estimated course enrolment: 20
Estimated TA support: N/A
Schedule: Wednesday 18:00-20:00 (Day and Time are firm)
Sessional Appointment dates: January 1, 2018- April 30, 2018
Salary: $8,000 for Sessional Lecturer I, $8,200 for Sessional Lecturer I Long Term $8,400 for Sessional Lecturer II, $8,600 for Sessional Lecturer III
Please note that should rates stipulated in the collective agreement vary from rates stated in this posting, the rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- D. in Religion/Religious Studies or related discipline, or Ph.D. advanced candidacy, with significant graduate work and ongoing professional/academic development in the area;
- Evidence of superior teaching ability, in the form of prior teaching evaluations and, in the case of instructors who have not yet taught, TA evaluations required;
- Teaching and/or TA experience an equivalent course preferred.
Duties: Include presenting two hours of lectures a week; grading papers and exams; and other pedagogical and administrative tasks associated with an undergraduate course.
Closing date: January 3, 2017 11:59 EST
Applicants should submit
(1) a current curriculum vitae,
(2) evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarized course evaluations, letters of reference, etc.) and
(3) A CUPE 3902 Unit 3 application form, available in PDF or RTF format at http://forms.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/#recruitment.
Application should be addressed to Professor Sol Goldberg Department for the Study of Religion Room 310, 170 St. George Street. M5R 2M8. Please send a copy of your application as a single pdf file by email to email@example.com. The subject line should read RLG404 Unit 3 Position.
Please note: Undergraduate or graduate students and postdoctoral fellows of the University of Toronto are covered by the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 collective agreement rather than the Unit 3 collective agreement, and should not apply for positions posted under the Unit 3 collective agreement.
Preference in hiring is given to qualified individuals advanced to the rank of Sessional Lecturer II or Sessional Lecturer III in accordance with Article 14:12.
This job is posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902 Unit 3 Collective Agreement.